Spicy Beef Stir Fry
Serves 4 - 257 kcals per serving
- 330g sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 6 tbsp teriyaki marinade
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 90g baby spring onions, finely sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of fresh root ginger, grated
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 25g basil leaves, shredded
- Place the steak in a bowl with half the marinade. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok and cook the steak in batches for 2-3 minutes, until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with half the spring onions and all the garlic, chilli and ginger – cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the broccoli and peppers and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining teriyaki marinade and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- Return the steak to the pan and stir in half the basil.
- Serve topped with the remaining spring onions and basil leaves.
- This is delicious on its own, or with some boiled rice / vegetables (just add in the extra calories).
Chicken Fried Rice
Serves 2 - 303 kcals per serving
- 50g dried wholegrain rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 heads of broccoli, sliced
- 125g chestnut mushrooms, diced
- 160g grilled chicken, diced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 egg
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the spring onion, green pepper, broccoli, mushrooms and chicken to the rice.
- Turn off the heat and add the oyster sauce and egg, the heat from the pan will warm the rice and cook the egg.
Sweet & Sour Prawn Stir Fry
Serves 2 - 270 kcals per serving
- 200g onion, sliced
- 10ml olive oil
- 125g mixed peppers
- 100g Amoy Straight To Wok Rice Noodles
- 60g Blue Dragon Sweet &anp; Sour Stir Fry Sauce
- 130g king prawns, pre-cooked
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5g fresh ginger root
- 5g red chilli pepper, chopped
- 90g spring onions
- Heat a wok with the oil. Add the sliced onion, garlic and ginger and fry for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stir fry sauce, along with the spring onions, rice noodles and king prawns and cook through for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Sticky Duck Parcels
Serves 4 - 255 kcals per serving
- 4 duck breast fillets, sliced
- 2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 tbsp Blue Dragon Hoi Sin Sauce
- 1tbsp Blue Dragon Plum Sauce
- 325g vegetable stir fry mix
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6) and coat the duck with the 5 spice powder, season and set aside.
- Cut out 4x 30cm squares of grease proof paper and divide the duck between them.
- Mix both the sauces and pour over the duck and divide the stir fry veg between the 4 squares of paper.
- Fold into parcels and seal well with metal paper clips.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Crispy Kale Seaweed
Serves 2 - 51 kcals per serving
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 100g Kale, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Sprinkle of 5 Spice powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok and coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Add the kale and toss around to lightly coat with the oil. Cook for 1 minute, ensuring the bottom layer doesn't burn.
- Spread the kale on a non-stick baking sheet and spray with Frylight.
- Place in the oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with a little Chinese 5 spice powder, sugar and a generous sprinkle of salt.
- Toss to coat evenly, transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
Nutritionist Emma Brown, MSc Human Nutrition is passionate about how food science applies to the human body, and how the nutrients in what we eat affect us and ultimately have an impact on our health.