Leftover chicken curry
Serves 2 - 445 kcals per serving
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 heaped tbsp Tikka Masala paste
- 180g leftover cooked skinless chicken breast meat, cut into strips
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Handful of spinach, raw
- 2 heaped tbsp 0% fat natural yogurt
- Handful of chopped coriander
- 2 mini plain naans
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Heat a non-stick pan with Frylight and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and fry for another minute.
- Add the chicken and chopped tomatoes with a little water. Heat through for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the naans in the oven for 3-4 minutes to warm through.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir through. Cover again and cook for a futher minute until the spinach wilts.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in the yogurt and coriander, and serve.
Pad Thai with prawns
Serves 2 - 446 kcals per serving
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 400g mixed stir fry vegetables
- 300g fresh flat rice noodles
- 200g cooked, peeled prawns
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ lime
- 1 small chilli, sliced
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, then stir-fry the veg over a high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, prawns, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into warmed bowls or plates. Garnish with lime slices and diced red chilli.
Bacon & mushroom omelette
Serves 1 - 419 kcals per serving
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 smoked bacon medallions, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 medium egg white
- 30g reduced fat cheddar, grated
- Handful of lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium tomato quartered
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the mushroom and bacon, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs and egg white together.
- Pour the egg mix into the pan and heat through for 3 minutes.
- Flip the omelette, top with the cheddar and heat through for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with the lettuce and tomato salad.
Serves 1 - 428 kcals per serving
- 125g lean beef steak
- ¼ sachet of fajita spice mix
- 2 mini wholewheat wraps
- Handful of shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, chopped
- Small red chilli, sliced
- 1 lime
- Heat a non-stick pan with Frylight.
- Bash the steak to make it no more than 1cm thick and then cut into strips.
- Add the steak strips to the pan, cover with fajita seasoning and fry until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, warm the wraps through in the microwave.
- Once the steak is done serve in the wraps with lettuce, tomato, onion and season with lime juice and fresh chilli.
Serves 1 - 415 kcals per serving
- 60g dried wholewheat spaghetti
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 heaped tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tbsp parmesan shavings
- 5 basil leaves
- Fill a small pan with boiling water and season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the spaghetti for 8 minutes until cooked al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan, with the pesto and heat through for 1 minute.
- Serve with parmesan shavings and fresh basil leaves.
Nutritionist Emma Brown, MSc Human Nutrition is passionate about how food science applies to the human body, and how the nutrients in what we eat affect us and ultimately have an impact on our health.