In my last blog I listed five of my 'secrets'. Now for the next five, but remember this is not 'advice'. I'm not saying any of these will work for you, but I know they worked for me.
6. I did not allow myself to switch my new eating habits back to my old eating habits because of an unexpected weight gain, getting fed up, going on holiday, or for any other reason. Fortunately I am not an 'emotional eater'.
7. More and more I changed my idea of what was a 'treat'. Most treats now tend to be treats because they are expensive to buy or difficult to prepare - rather than high in calories. I don't (usually) think I am having a treat if it is something with a lot of fat or sugar in it, where it's going to take me a couple of days to lose the weight I have just gained from eating it. I am lucky - I seem to be one of the few on Nutracheck who doesn't really like crisps or chocolate!
8. I was nearly always able to refuse food, even where it was a bit socially awkward to do it. Even if someone had gone to trouble to prepare a meal, I always had a very small portion because I needed to focus on my weight.
9. I did not let people put me off. For several months now some people have been telling me that I have lost enough, I should stop losing weight, I will end up anorexic, I can't be eating 'properly', etc, etc. I didn't take any notice of any of it! I just took notice of the scales, my BMI, and what the doctor said.
10. My final secret is that I am married to the most supportive and lovely person in the world, and none of this would have been possible without her help!
Steve lost a massive 10st with Nutracheck. He now regularly writes about how he maintains his weight loss.